egomaniacs people engaged in social media, I like to be noticed and recognized, so when A Life in Libraries nominated me for the Leibster Award, I was flattered. But fame has its price, as I soon discovered in reading her nomination post. You don’t get to just blather on about yourself. You have to find ten other people to nominate, create questions for them, and then contact them. Of course, I can’t refuse such a profound honor. But, let me start with the all about me part and save the work sharing for last.
- Why did you start blogging?
Hmmmm. I want to have a record of important happenings in my life. I also find that when I write I uncover thoughts that I didn’t realize I had. I like the creative outlet for my words and my photos.
- What time of day do you blog?
In the morning is best, but sometimes I start in early evening and forget to stop.
- How old are you?
On April 22, 2015 I’ll be 67. Send cake.
- What are you wearing?
My PJs (Thank goodness I already answered question 2!)
- What’s your favorite color? Why?
Golden yellow. It’s the color of sunshine.
- Do you have pets? How many, what kind, and their names?
My cat is named JJ. He has incredible green eyes and thinks he’s a dog. We call him a cog.
- Who is your role model/hero(ine), and why?
Tough one. Depends on “what for?” But the answer that immediately sprang to my mind was: my Mother – she was the strongest, kindest woman I’ve ever known.
- What’s your favorite movie?
Impossible to answer. I love movies and go to them all the time. This would be an essay answer for sure! Maybe a blog post in the future.
- What’s your favorite song?
Amazing Grace, but not for religious reasons. The music is beautiful, and I’ve always identified with “Amazing grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me.”
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Paris. (But there are people I’d have to take with me.)
OK, for you lucky folks I’m nominating here are the rules of the game:
- Each nominee must have under 200 followers
- Thank and link to the nominating blog
- Answer their 10 questions and propose 10 new ones for your nominees
- Nominate 10 blogs and tell them that they’ve been nominated
- Write a post containing the questions
- Include these rules in the post
(Isn’t this how epidemics start? Really, though, the idea is to draw attention and followers to relatively new blogs. I promise to nominate good ones for you!)
And here are the questions you must answer:
- If you could have dinner with a famous person, living or dead, who would it be? What would you ask her or him?
- Do you cook? Why or why not?
- What’s your favorite hobby?
- What are you learning about now?
- What’s the most interesting place you’ve ever visited?
- If you could have a talent you don’t currently possess what would it be?
- Dance or sit it out?
- What have you read lately? Was it good?
- Tell me about a really good book you’ve read.
- Post a picture of someone or something you really like.
And now the big ta-da! Here are the lucky nominees:
I can count. I know that’s only five nominees, but I’ve already devoted far too much of my day to this and other blogging activities. So would each of you answer twice, please? Thanks.